Monday, October 5, 2009

Annoyed with technology

Today was another good day; I got to explore the La Ribera neighborhood and I went to this huge park that is essentially Barcelona's Central Park. I can try to talk more about it later, but for the moment I´m too busy being annoyed.

I apparently was under the misguided impression that technology would be fairly straightforward on the road. Sure, I thought, internet cafés might not be on every corner (in BCN they are) and they might not be very speedy (actually, not bad on that front either). But phones, cameras, and SPOT devices are giving me a world of trouble that I just wasn't expecting. (Btw, if you're one of my SPOT contacts, I discovered today that messages have been sporadic. Not sure why, or how to fix it, but hopefully it works itself out.)

So here's the deal. I'm done for today. No real blog post, no pictures, no links to share. I'm in a beautiful city that I'm really starting to get to know and love and I don't feel like being annoyed. If I keep trying to make technology work for me right now then I will be. Sorry I don't have much to offer today, but I'll try to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment