The other night on my flights to Athens, I started to think about what kind of traveling statistics I've racked up so far. Here's what I've come up with.
In 3 weeks:
* I've been in 5 countries and visited 4 cities.
* 6,165 miles flown; 1,000,000 miles walked (ok, so probably not, but it's felt like it on some days!)
* I've been on 5 flights, in 4 taxis, 2 buses, 2 ferries, a handful of scooters, and I've already lost count of the number of tram and metro rides.
* I've stayed with 4 CouchSurfing hosts and in 2 hostels.
* 429 pictures have been taken
* There's been 1 unexpected change in my travel plans.
* My bag weighs 8.6kg which is just under 19lbs. Not too bad!
* In addition to my CS hosts, I've met 15 other CSers, plus many others indirectly.
* 2 novels read
* I know how to say please, thank you, hello, goodbye, and check please in 2 new languages (Spanish and Czech). I've only mastered hello in Greek so far, but hopefully I'll get there.
* I've been in 3 time zones.
* I've met people from 17 different countries - US, Canada, Mexico, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Egypt, Greece, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, South Africa, and Albania.
* There's been approximately 14 approximate hours of layover time and 15 approximate hours of actual flight time.
Not too shabby, eh?
Edited to add (per my commenters):
* 1 bicycle ride
* Being missed and envied by 1 family and multiple friends back home.