Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Defective

A few people have asked about my SPOT updates, or lack thereof. I've been having regular conversations with my Dad about the SPOT, but I forget that not everyone is in on those conversations. :-)

I noticed early on in the trip that it appeared that not all of my messages were going through. I'd comment on having pushed the OK button three or four times in a day, but then hear the response that no emails were received. I'm still not sure what the problem is as I'm positive that I'm doing everything right. I've decided that most likely I have a defective unit, so I'm going to mail the unit home and see if Dad can deal with the SPOT customer service people to get me a replacement. In the meantime, I've stopped even trying to send messages because I know they're not going through.

It's a bummer because there's a few legs of my trip that will not have been tracked, but as soon as I have a new unit, you'll start to get those messages again.

No comments:

Post a Comment